Sunday, October 25, 2009

denied!

As the weather forecast for today was quite good I had planned to go and have a look at Fan Brycheiniog over in the less-frequented western half of the Brecon Beacons National Park. In fact I'd even got as far as putting some stuff in the car before it started raining. Now I'm not normally put off by a bit of rain, so I thought: I'll set off and see if it clears up as I go. It was hammering it down by the time I went past Cardiff, and continued to do so as I went past Pontypridd, at which point I thought: fuck it, I'm going home for a bacon sandwich. Another time maybe.

Instead, here's a selection of photos from the walk I did with Hazel and my parents last weekend in the better-known eastern Beacons, and in somewhat better weather. It includes a trip to the top of Fan y Big, not the highest point in the area by any means at 2359 feet, but interesting for the rock "diving board" you can stand on at the summit, if you feel inclined to do so. I dug up some ancient photographs when I mentioned it last time, so the one on the right is an up-to-date one for comparison purposes.

No comments: