Wednesday, May 13, 2009

you can't blog in here, this is the spare room

Lest anyone should assume that my reference to Scott Mills as a "deviated prevert" in the last but one post was either a piece of casual homophobia or a typo, allow me to direct you to the original scene from which the phrase was ever-so-slightly misquoted (it's "some kind of deviated prevert", not "some sort of deviated prevert").

We were having a conversation in the office a while back about a list of the Most Quotable Films Ever. Dr. Strangelove must be on that list somewhere; in fact the following list I've cooked up off the top of my head (which broadly matches the one we came up with at the time) has it at number 4.

1. Aliens. Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen!
2. Withnail And I. The fucker will rue the day!
3. This Is Spinal Tap. So when you're playing you feel like a preserved moose?
4. Dr. Strangelove. I...first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love.

No comments: