Monday, September 03, 2007

last one for a while, honest

I know that's too many in a row now, but John Humphrys in The Times is having a pop now as well. In a slightly less boneheaded manner, to be fair, but there is a sense in which the wishy-washy agnostics are more annoying than the raving evangelicals. And he does trot out many of the same nonsense arguments as Yazz, though he doesn't go so far as to assert (as she does, and I missed this one from the list in the previous post) that Richard Dawkins thinks raising a child as religious is worse than paedophilia. Do I need to point out that he says no such thing? I hope not. Anyway, the Pharyngula commenters have some fun with the Humphrys article here. And, just for a laugh, some George W Bush quotes on the subject of religion can be found here. Number 1 sets the tone:
I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did.

Are we frightened yet?

1 comment:

The Black Rabbit said...

Blimey. There are millions of 'em!
Although, half of them seem to be the same quote, said in different places with the words in a different order!

My personal favourite is the "Bigacy" quote! Priceless!