Saturday, February 04, 2012

the wanking man's think fantasy

I'm much more apathetic than I used to be (not as apathetic as I could be, but I can't be bothered to make the effort) about checking my blog visitor stats (as supplied by StatCounter), but a quick visit there this morning just to check I could still log in OK revealed something interesting - almost without exception all the recent Google searches that have led people to my humble blog have been for some variant of "alice roberts", "alice roberts wild swimming", "alice roberts skinny dip", "alice roberts wetsuit" or some similar variant thereof, and have therefore led people to this page. Indeed the only search in the first 20-odd that didn't include her name was for "roger deakin" which would have led people to the same page anyway.

Further investigation of the stats and a quick Google of those phrases reveals that in most cases it's a Google image search that's turning up the small screen-cap image of the lovely Professor Roberts getting out of a swimming pool that I included in the original post. Your standard text-based web search of the same phrases doesn't bring the post back (at least not anywhere near the top), presumably because the post title doesn't include her name.

All I'll say is: you know who you are, and I hope you're thoroughly ashamed of yourselves. In any case the post itself could be viewed as a microcosm of the programme it's about - sounds intriguing, and it sort of is, but you don't really get to see anything.

No comments: