Saturday, September 26, 2009

gertcha

Sad news this week as Cockney - if you will, Rockney - music duo Chas and Dave announce that they're splitting up. Yeah, I know, I assumed they had already split up back in about 1985 as well, but apparently not.

Anyway, by way of a tribute I'm drinking a beer that I got out of the sideboard here; I also offer you this link to them performing Rabbit back in 1981, and also this animated GIF which is a visual representation of the brief zoology lesson offered at the end of the song.

2 comments:

nicola said...

snooker loopy nuts are we
me and him and them and me
we'll show you what we can do
with a load of balls and a snooker cue...
(obviously I'd choose this song)

electrichalibut said...

You know, I had fond memories of Snooker Loopy, and then I watched it on YouTube and remembered what a horrible lumbering dirge of a song it was. Never go back. Dennis Taylor hitting a ball into Chas's pint is pretty good, though.